Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Our grown-up governor

When the governor vetoes a bill, he sends a veto message to the Assembly or Senate. When he vetoed AB 1176, involving infrastructure financing districts in San Francisco, he sent the following:


Arnie's PR whore says it's "a weird coincidence," and who are we to doubt?

UPDATE: When I looked at the above graphic on a different computer, the words are not clear enough to read if the paragraph is small enough to fit right to left. The issue is that the first letters of the lines spell out
F
u
c
k

Y
o
u

Your taxes at work.

On the other hand, it's nice to see politics being personal rather than ideological once in a while. The more I think about it, the more I wish politics were more individual. It's good to see politicians loosen up a little, and it's a darn site better than lying about death panels. The joke is a little juvenile, but I don't mind a little obscenity once in a while, just as I don't mind a good fart joke now and then, though I would never make one among strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment