- in about 6 feet of water
- leg bites, because that's what dangles in the water
- during the summer
- on Sunday, because even a lot of surfers work during the week
- early morning and late afternoons, when surfers spend more time in the water
- Whites, presumably because so are fish bellies
- wearing black and white bathing suits
"The greatest number of attacks occurred during new moons, followed by full moons, the edges of the lunar extreme when the moon has its biggest pull on the tidal phase, Burgess said. Probably the moon's phases influence the movements and reproductive patterns of fish, the shark's food source, just as they affect human behavior, he said." (bold mine)No, no, no, no, no. Full moons do not affect human behavior. This has been shown time after time to be a myth.