Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My new rock wall

I told you I was accidentally building a rock wall in time for a Memorial Day event, and we just barely got it done. My partner took it from there. I said I would post a picture when I got it done. Consider it done.

This is the first time I've ever built a rock wall, and I must say there is something satisfyingly butch about it. I exercised mental muscles that had never been used along with physical ones I hadn't used in 20 or 30 years. My parents were rockhounds, so I have from them box after box of beautiful cut rocks. I incorporated a couple of hundred of them into the surfaces of the wall, in between the structural rocks the rock company delivered to our driveway.





The old place cleans up pretty good. We need to have some dinner parties before it all goes to hell again.

No comments:

Post a Comment