Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why I haven't been writing about ELQIS

ELQIS is very important, and it is also very interesting. Unfortunately it is only tangentially related to my real job, the one that buys food for the cats.* And that real job has been interfering with my ability to spend several hours at a time watching meetings on my computer, even multitasking (which, incidentally, I'm not nearly as good at as I used to be), and there's no way I could go to Sacramento for one.

I try to keep up by reading things on the website, but frankly it's hard, after a day at work, to come  home and read sort-of-work-related material, instead of watching the Daily Show and So You Think You Can Dance with the rest of the family. So I'm afraid you're going to have to find your ELQIS news somewhere else.

*When I was an undergraduate, I was friends with a Kenyan student, who said to me one day, "Did you know that there are people in America who buy special food just for their dogs?" Yes, Oki, I knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment