Monday, May 24, 2010

My new favorite blog: The Scientific Fundamentalist

I just discovered the Scientific Fundamentalist blog at Psychology Today. It's  written by an evolutionary psychologist with a sensibility I find very amiable. Lately it has been dealing with aspects of IQ. I'd start here, where he states a hypothesis he follows up on in later posts.
(T)hat more intelligent individuals are more likely than less intelligent individuals to acquire and espouse evolutionarily novel preferences and values that did not exist in the ancestral environment and thus our ancestors did not have, but general intelligence has no effect on the acquisition and espousal of evolutionarily familiar preferences and values that existed in the ancestral environment.
It turns out I had blogged about this idea in February, and this is the guy that had the idea. In a series of posts following the one quoted, he explicates other aspects of it, such as "If Liberals Are More Intelligent than Conservatives, Why Are Liberals So Stupid?"

This is going to be a regular read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment